What Are Accordion Doors?
Easy on the eye and easy to operate, accordion doors are a simple, functional solution for both residential and commercial buildings. You can use custom accordion doors to save space, transform rooms, or both! They’re versatile and unlike standard hinged doors, they don’t swing out and take up unnecessary space.
Like our range of bi-folding doors and other products, our accordion folding doors are incredibly popular. That’s because they’re made from the highest quality materials, are durable, and flexible in their use. And, with maintenance-free quiet glides and a snap lock closure, your accordion door will fold quietly and easily into itself time and time again.
Where Can Our UK Accordion Doors Be Used?
Accordion doors are incredibly diverse.
Folding doors are regularly used to split sleeping and living areas within efficiency-style housing units or to provide a barrier between working, sleeping and recreational areas. They can be custom-made with soundproofing qualities to limit noise from space to space.
While they’re often used to conceal interior door openings, you can get creative by using accordion glass doors for a closet or metal accordion doors for your business. We stock dozens of styles to fit your unique needs and are happy to discuss your project over the phone.
When used in residential surroundings, accordion wall doors are ideal for:
• Separating sleeping/living areas
• Creating new rooms
• Creating rooms within rooms
• Home offices
• Utility rooms
• Laundry rooms
• Walk-in wardrobes
• Games rooms
• Gallery-style kitchen facilities
• A Workshop within a garage
• Sleeping quarters
• A Study
• Laundry rooms
• Room dividers
• Blocking off clutter in a clothing, pantry or broom cupboard
In commercial buildings, they’re great for:
• Meeting rooms
• Reception areas
• Commercial room dividers for common lobby areas in shopping centres
• Booths in shops
• Privacy dividers
Features and Benefits of Folding Room Dividers
Intertial accordion doors are a practical and cost-effective space-saving solution. Instead of going through the aggravation of building a wall in your home, install an accordion room divider!
Thoughtfully designed and robustly built with panels on a track with wheels, they offer ease of operation in addition to numerous other benefits.
Here are just some of the benefits of accordion doors:
• Space-saving: Accordion doors are incredibly easy to fit and can easily solve issues of space and separation. Our accordion retractable doors offer resilience and practicality together with luxury and charm.
• Dividers: Ideal for closets, tight spaces and confined residences, custom folding interior doors allow you to cordon off parts of your home where regular doors won’t fit.
• Easy to operate: Unlike regular doors that tend to open and close noisily or sometimes even slam, accordion doors remain virtually silent.
• Energy saving: When used to close off specific areas from heating or air conditioning, accordion doors can save you money on energy bills.
Accordion Doors Materials
You can select from a variety of materials for the design of your accordion doors. This includes wood, glass, metal (such as aluminium), plastic or vinyl. The closing mechanism usually involves magnetic contact. It’s this magnetic contact that allows the door to be virtually noiseless.
Accordion doors are available in a wide range of colours and, like all of our products, are customisable.
Installation of Accordion Doors
Installation is simple and easy and doesn’t require specific hardware. Contact us today for a free quote and more information about the benefits of accordion doors, materials used in accordion doors, and the installation process.