If you’ve never had bi-fold doors installed in your property, then it is understandable not to be sure which way they open. Of course, bi-fold doors are well-known to be incredibly space-saving and can be […]
There is nothing that improves the home quite like a set of high-quality patio doors, no matter what style you choose.
The variety of patio doors available means that there generally tends to be a choice for all homeowners, no matter what the style of the property or where you live.
At Bi-fold Doors UK, our patio doors are made to nothing but the best quality, using premium hardwood or aluminium materials. What’s more, they are highly secure.
Often, people are directed more towards purchasing cheaper patio doors to avoid a large bill when first installing them into the home. However, paying a little bit more for premium patio doors tends to be a more long-term solution that will save money in the long run, avoiding costly maintenance and replacement invoices.
So how much do good patio doors cost? What should you expect to pay to get the most from your money?
The price of patio doors varies according to whether you are having them supplied and fitted, or just supplied, as well as factors like the size of the door, materials, specifications and more.
The rough guide for a bottom-end, supply only patio door (probably made from UPVC) tends to be around £590. This would be made from cheaper materials and would need to be installed yourself.
Prices then increase depending on material, quality and size of your required patio door until you reach over £8000 for the best quality doors, for example bi-fold doors that feature over 12 panels.
At Bifold Doors UK, all our patio doors are supplied, rather than supplied and installed, and are priced dependent on sizing and any additional extras that may be required.
Our patio bifold door prices start at £1300 for double leaf bi-folding doors and go up to £8050 for 12 leaf folding doors.
Other factors to consider:
The following patio door features may be charged separately, it depends where you purchase your doors from.
The list below shows what may be charged separately when you come to purchase you bi-fold doors. We have annotated to each one whether we charge additionally for this at Bifold Doors UK.
- Ornamental features of the door- We charge extra for custom ironmongery at Bifold Doors UK if you would like to choose specific ironmongery features. Otherwise, the doors come with standard handles. Many people do indeed opt for different ironmongery features to add a sense of uniqueness and personality to the doors. The price of the ironmongery depends on which features you choose.
- Higher rated thermal/energy efficiency- All of our doors offer first class thermal efficiency and this is included in the total price, however, some door companies may offer lower standard thermally efficient doors as a budget option.
- Alternative treatments to wood/door surface- Bifold Doors UK have various options available on the colour/treatment of the wood. We have various Farrow and Ball stains and colours to choose from.
- Glazing options- All of our doors at Bifold Doors UK are double glazed at minimum, please contact us if you wish to discuss triple glazing options. It is advised not do opt for single glazed doors as they offer significantly less insulation and durability.
Can the type of replacement patio door you choose have an effect on the value of your home?
Of course! A good quality, A-rated choice of patio door will most definitely have a positive influence on the value of your home.
What’s more, nowadays, new and replacement patio doors must meet building regulations for thermal efficiency.
How can you tell if your patio doors are thermally efficient?
The most reliable way of assessing the efficiency of patio doors is by referring to the BFRC (British Fenestration Ratings Council) WER label which shows the rating of the overall patio door unit (not simply the glass itself).
An A-rating is the best rating on the WER rating and the U values are also shown in the lower right-hand corner. U values refer to the effectiveness of a material as an insulator.
It is advised to use the following as a guide to the minimum criteria for energy efficiency:
- The U Value of the window, or glass panel, should be 1.6W/ (m²K) or less.
- The WER rating should be ‘C’ at minimum.
- The sealed units should ideally be argon filled, with a U value better than 1.2 W/(m²K).
- The door should feature warm edge spacer bars. Warm edge spacer bars insulate the edges of the sealed unit and keep the glass panes apart.
Whether you want to order a set of our patio doors, or simply find out more, please contact us at Bifold Doors UK. We’re happy to help.